There’s an all new update (version 1.11) for Driveclub that adds a free track, Team Time Trials, and a host of features and improvements.
Dated as the game’s February update, the new patch automatically downloads onto your PlayStation 4 and adds a new track called Kobago, which can be raced in reverse, alongside a new Team Time Trials mode.
Players will also find it much easier to progress through Tours, with less stars needed to open up the game’s final championship.
The update is set to pave the way for a new PlayStation Store update coming later next week, which offers the Downforce expansion pack and the Downforce Car Pack, the Midnight Tour pack, and a few extra liveries that players can pay for and add to the game.
Here’s what’s in store with the patch.
Update 1.11 features & improvements:
- Adds a new Multiplayer game mode: Team Time Trial (available Feb 18th).
- Adds a new track offering 2 variants: Kobago in Japan.
- All add-on Tours have new progress requirements: You need 8 Stars (previously 12) to progress to the second stage and 22 Stars (previously 27) to open up the final Championship.
- Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.
- Adds the option to enable the Rev Counter in cockpit view.
- Decreases the threshold on the manumatic downshift limiter to allow players to downshift earlier.
- Reduces the drying time for rain splatter on the screen when in Chase Cam.
- Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking.
- Allows the ‘Contender’ and ‘Unbeatable’ Trophies to be unlocked even if the challenges expire when you are not online.
- Includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
Update 1.11 Add-ons (coming to PlayStation®Store):
- Adds support for the VUHL 05, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download.
- Adds support for the DOWNFORCE Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Downforce Car Pack includes: Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé.
- The Downforce Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for the Midnight Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on.
- The Midnight Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium/Season Pass add-on. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
After 1.11, what else is coming to DRIVECLUB?
- Server upgrades: to improve stability and performance for all current players and to enable the release of the PS+ Edition and DRIVECLUB companion app.
- Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside development of server upgrades.
- Replays: are in the final stages of development and testing. It’s likely that offline replays will come ahead of Multiplayer replays.
- Changes to drift scoring: to ensure that you are rewarded for momentum, control and staying on the track in drift zones.
- Lots more cars: We can’t say what’s coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.
- New ranks: because many of you are at Level 50 already.
- Lots more! Please keep sharing your feedback about DRIVECLUB with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.