CD Projekt RED has confirmed a hotfix patch for The Witcher 2 is now available. While the update sees the fix of some issues regarding the RPG's 3D support, it fixes a batch of glitches and bugs.
Download the update here – the full changelog is as follows:
- Issue with shadows in 3D Vision mode has been resolved
- Screenshots to savegames made in 3D Vision are now visible in load menu
- Issue with Steam achievements not being registered has been resolved
- Blood texture glitches in game with ubersampling option turned on have been fixed
- Pocket item counter is properly updated after picking up an item which is already selected
- Issue with ingredient counter when brewing multiple Thunderbolt potions has been resolved
- Finished “Scent of incencse” quest is no longer marked as failed when entering Loredo’s residence at the end of Chapter 1
- Corrections have been made in the greater mutagen drop rate
- Deleting savegame after entering memories and flashbacks menu no longer causes “Loading available flashbacks” message to appear
- Game exe files are no longer treated as a threat by popular antivirus software
- Patching the game automatically right after installation no longer causes Launcher.exe error on Windows XP systems
- Game installation folder is not recognized if diacritic signs were used in folder name on Windows which doesn’t support them
- Patch now properly informs about the cause of the problem
- Name of two scientists in Flotsam have been corrected
- Storage chest description have been corrected
- Description of Mahakaman Rune Sihill imported from The Witcher savegame have been corrected.
The Witcher 2 is due for a release on the Xbox 360 this fall in Europe by publisher THQ.