Diablo III is a massive game. The anticipation gamers had leading up to its release was on par with games like Halo 3 and other major titles of the more recent past. As the game grows older, more data is collected and published for players to see. This time, information comes in the form of legendary gems and how popular each one is. Have you ever wondered if other players are using the same gems as you? While it can be hard to figure out if you are following the strongest build possible for your in game character without trudging through countless walkthroughs or guides, this most recent data offers a very brief but informing look at the legendary gems in Diablo III and their usage.
Here is the data, as represented on the Diablo Somepage.
- 'Bane of the powerful' takes the top spot for the most popular Legendary gem among for all the classes combined. It provides a solid damage boost, especially in elite-heavy sections of the game like Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts.
- 'Bane of the Trapped' is second in popularity among the top 25% of softcore players, although it is a little less popular among other groups. The high usage among Demon Hunters helps boost its popularity. With the current bug for the gem preventing it from activating off of item procs, it has almost no usage among Monks.
- 'Enforcer' is naturally chosen by pet classes; the common pet specs of Witch Doctors and Demon Hunters make the gem extremely popular among those two classes, and little used elsewhere.
- Wizards march to their own tune when choosing Legendary gems. They alone heavily use 'Zei's Stone of Vengeance' and share with Witch Doctors a passion for the poisonous 'Gem of Efficacious Toxin.'
- The melee classes of Barbarians, Crusaders, and especially Monks commonly pick "Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver, and Gogok of Swiftness" as part of their legendary gem set.
- Those melee classes often use ' Wreath of Lightning,' especially among hardcore players. It is the only Legendary gem with a much higher popularity in hardcore than in softcore.