We posted leaked footage of Battlefield 3’s alpha test earlier today (link to the footage). We’re following it up with details on the game’s classes and their unlocks based on what a forum poster has managed to gleam from the leaked footage.
* Killing an enemy displays "Enemy Down 100"
* MCOM is 200 points
* Dogtags are 300 points it seems
* "Handgun Ribbon" 200 points. (seems to be a handgun killstreak award).
* "Combat Efficiency Ribbon" 200 points.
* You have to hold [R] to pick up a kit- this notification hovers over the kit
* Crosshairs on knife and shock paddles are a small white dot.
* Tripods on the AK74
* Grenade blew tall trees down
* 3D spotting appears confirmed
* Exiting the combat area only displays a small red warning sign centrescreen.
* The engineer had :
– 5 mags of 30 for his M4
– 5 Rockets for his SMAW
– 4 mags of 16 for his M9 pistol.
– 18 rounds per mag on the MP 443
* The SVD had 6 magazines of 11 rounds.
* First rank is "Pvt 1st class1"
* There are at least 3 classes of Pvt 1st class (1,2,3)
* Highest score seen was 4070
* Engineer gets a G36C as a primary unlock
(Other new weapons):
– SV- 98
– Not sure about the M27 IAR
* Medikit is an unlock.
* "Sprint boost" – Customization unlock. What do you make of this?
– MBT Smoke grenade luancher.
– IFV -AT missle launcher.
– Mobile AA- Smokegrenade launcher.
– Attack helicopter, jets, scout? – "Stealth".
* Interesting stats:
– "Highest streak".
– "Longest headshot".
– "Highest nemetag? nemesis streak".
* We have seen 5 different 1HK equipped knife attacks from behind:
– The grab from behind and knife to the heart (a la Crysis 2)
– The same but from the front.
– The grab from behind and backstab.
– The leg sweep and downward chopping blow to the chest.
• And a simple backhand sweep with the knife to the throat.
Source: EA Forums