Mojang has revealed that new Realms will be added to Minecraft with update 1.7.10 when it goes live this Thursday, June 26th.
On the developer’s website, Mojang noted that the update is mostly aimed at adding additional features and bug fixes for Realms. A world uploader to transfer local worlds to Realms is among the new features.
Here are the details of what’s coming in Mojang’s own words:
- World uploader – upload your local world to Realms (finally!)
- Command blocks! (finally!)
- Player activity monitor – when and for how long a player has been online (see who plays when you sleep!)
- Access to more server settings (yey!)
- Improvements in Realms UI (also yey!)
- Some bugfixes (why where they put in there in the first place?)
- And many more… (we just don’t want to look lazy, that is why that sentence is in there)
A host of new informant was recently revealed about the game’s PS4 and Xbox One editions which are coming out in August, including additional achievements, and you can find out all the new information here.