Electronic Arts has announced its financial results for the fiscal year which ended on March 31st and for Q4 of that period.
The publisher reported earnings per share (EPS) of 48 cents, significantly higher than estimates of 11 cents while revenues stood at $914 million for Q4 compared to projections of $812 million. That figure does represent a drop from the $1.04 billion reported for the same period last year, however.
For the year, EA generated $4.02 billion in revenues which is up from $3.8 billion for the previous fiscal period. EA CEO Andrew Wilson commented:
“Electronic Arts delivered outstanding results in fiscal year 2014. Most importantly, we produced hit games, innovative digital content and services, and amazing entertainment for our players around the world. It was a transformative year for EA in a dynamic year for our industry, and I’m even more excited for the new experiences we will deliver in fiscal year 2015 and beyond.”
The company has significantly boosted its outlook for fiscal year 2015, predicting an EPS of $1.85 compared Wall Street estimates of $1.51. This is in anticipation of successful launches of key titles including FIFA 15, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and The Sims 4.
EA also revealed information on key games and its upcoming E3 media briefing on June 9th. The key points from the investor conference call which followed the release of the company’s results are:
- EA has extended its partnership with Respawn to create “new Titanfall experiences for players around the world.”
- EA, citing NPD data, claimed Titanfall sold 925,000 copies during March.
- The company would not provide a breakdown of digital versus retail sales or the Xbox One to PC ratio.
- The publisher’s games account for 40 per cent of all titles sold on PS4 and Xbox One.
- There will be no Need for Speed title released this year but 2015’s installment will be “dramatically different.”
- A new Frostbite 3 powered game with a Q3 2014 release window will be revealed at E3 along with six games launching after March 31st, 2015.
- Star Wars: Battlefront will be among the games at E3.
- Wilson commented, "Battlefront is coming along very well, Frostbite 3 has meant team can iterate and drive innovation with high quality. [Our] Plan to show more of it at E3 this year, but there’s lots of work to go."
- The Sims 4 will be released during Q3 2014.
Market analyst firm Seeking Alpha’s full transcript of the conference call can be found here.
In a press release issued this morning, EA detailed its plans for E3 stating:
"The company will showcase its commitment to delivering great player experiences with an exciting new lineup of games and services. It all begins on June 9, 2014 at EA’s annual E3 briefing, 'EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview'.
"Hosted by Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson at the Shine Expo Hall in Los Angeles, the live event will feature never-before-seen content from EA’s upcoming games as well as sneak peeks at new projects and intellectual properties currently in development."
The media briefing will last one hour and will be streamed on the publisher's website, Spike TV, and Twitch.
EA issued the infographic below showing the effectiveness of the company’s mobile strategy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.