Zenimax has come up online to update fans on the status of The Elder Scrolls Online. You’ll want to read this one since they go up front about the game’s issues.
If you are a regular player, you already know that bottling and gold farming have emerged as issues within the 1st month, and Zenimax is already working on fixing it. They have been weeding out and banning bots, and also working on the backend to ensure players stay honest.
They’re also addressing bugs as quickly as they can. They have already taken care of quest blockers in the different quests in the main story, NPC guilds, and zones, and they are working on Update 1.
So, Update 1 isn’t just for Craglorn anymore. Here’s a listing of what Update 1 is going to deliver:
- Craglorn, the 1st Adventure Zone, meant for players Veteran Rank 1 and above
- Trials, 12 player instances for Veteran Rank players. This will have leaderboards for clearing times
- Death recap, telling you who killed you and what ability they used to do it
- Underdog bonuses, Alliance points rewarded to you for fighting for an alliance with a small population
- Improvements to animation, combat, class abilities, content bug fixes, and more.
And yes, Zenimax took some time to address game reviews. They argue that many of the negative reviews stem from issues with bugs, which they are progressively taking care of. They also argue that what matters to them most is what the players think.
Finally, as a show of gratitude to players whose 30 days playtime were affected by the bugs, and the necessary downtime to fix those bugs, they are giving everyone who set up an account before May 1 8 PM EDT five extra days playtime.
Sounds like a good offer for early adopters, at least if you ask me. You can get more details on what Zenimax is promising in the future of TESO here.
TESO is playable now in Windows, and will be available in Playstation 4 and Xbox One June 30.