Developer Saber Interactive has released a brand new patch for their video game-movie adaptation title, World War Z.
The new update mostly focuses on in-game fixes, performances, and weapon balancing, as players were running into some problems over the past couple of weeks. In addition, Saber Interactive has investigated and fixed the inability to progress in levels, especially in New York 4 and Moscow 4 levels.
Thankfully, Saber Interactive detailed the full set of patch notes, so if you’re looking for a specific fix or change, make sure to check them all out as we highlighted them in this article.
- Improved stats of Golden Assault Rifle, Pistol and Advanced SMG so now they are identical to their level 5 upgradable versions
- Prestige Scout Rifle. Increased damage and accuracy
- Prestige Classic Battle Rifle. Increased accuracy.
- Prestige Crossbow. Increased max ammo, damage and accuracy.
- Prestige Combat Shotgun. Increased max ammo.
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed several server crashes resulting in disconnects
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels. especially in New York 4 and Moscow 4 levels
- Fixed issue with prestige levels not saving correctly in some cases
- Fixed issue with maximum completed difficulty display in Episodes screen
- Completing levels with mutators in private lobby will not count towards earning unique weapon rewards
Along with the patch notes, the developers have also announced The Horde Mode Update will be arriving in December, so be sure to keep an eye out for that as it will surely bring loads of new fun to the game.
For those unfamiliar, World War Z is based on the novel and 2013 blockbuster movie starring Brad Pitt as his character must do everything in his power to keep his family safe, in a world quickly plunged by vicious zombies. The game received mostly positive reviews for its fun gameplay loop, however, it can be very repetitive. Check out Gameranx’s Before You Buy video, in which our very own, Jake Baldino gives his thoughts on it.
World War Z is currently available to purchase on all platforms. Are you still playing this title? If so let us know in the comments below.