Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been out for nearly two weeks and while it launched to mostly positive reviews, the multiplayer aspect of it had a bit of a rocky start. Thankfully, the team over at Infinity Ward is hard at work providing new updates fixing and rectifying any problems players are running into.
A new patch has landed on all platforms and made numerous fixes to the game including the highly requested footstep sound adjustments. The patch also updated playlists allowing players to play the exact game mode they desire instead of being in a mosh pit of different modes. Also, the new update will provide more balanced stability across all platforms making the multiplayer experience more smooth.
Check out the full set of patch notes and fixes down below:
1/2/19 – Title Update/Playlist Update
- More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms
- Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
- APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
- Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
- Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
- Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
- Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
- Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
- Playlist Update
- NVG (TDM only)
- Ground War
- Kill Confirmed
Infinity Ward has noted the update is now live on all platforms, so be sure to boot up the game and download the patch as soon as possible. Players can expect the patch to be a little short of 8GB.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out now on all platforms. Have you been playing the latest Call of Duty title? If so, what are your thoughts on it this far? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stay right here at Gameranx for the latest gaming news.