Battlefield 4 players are always looking to optimize their experience – especially those enjoying the game on PC. Better framerates, higher texture quality, and reduced lag are always ideal, so any tips from fellow hardware maniacs are always useful. If you’re one of the many users experiencing Battlefield 4 CPU lag, a user on Reddit has gone out of his way to explain exactly what you’ll need to do to enjoy better performance from the DICE blockbuster.
First, it’s important to note that the fix only works with Windows 7 x64 and x32, and only in systems using more than two physical CPUs or more than two logical cores. This particular OS has a feature called "Core Parking," which is meant to turn off CPU cores when they’re not in use. Since there’s no switch to turn off the cores, it’ll take a bit of registry editing to get the desired effect. Here’s the method that the user provided:
· Go to Regedit
· Find this key:- "0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583”
· Within this key, there is a value called: "ValueMax"
· This value represents the % number of cores the system will park – the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able
· Change the value from 64 to 0 so the "ValueMin" and "ValueMax" are both zero
· You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found – the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system [ in my DAW it was only found twice ]
· Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start
Taking these steps should reduce or eliminate the lag, as well as increase your overall FPS. If it works, let us know just how big of a difference it made by leaving a comment below. And if you're having trouble with other aspects of the game, check out our other fixes.