It took several years but the third installment of Shenmue III is coming out into the market. This franchise has quite the following but it left gamers on a cliffhanger when Sega opted to not pursue any further installments. Now that we’re getting a third installment through the help of a funded Kickstarter campaign, gamers are only months away before its readily available for the PC and PlayStation 4 platforms. For those who pre-order, you’ll get a few bonuses which publisher Deep Silver has unveiled through a press release that was sent out earlier today.
There are a few different retailers that you can pre-order Shenmue III but it seems that you’ll gain a few bonuses across the board from the participating retailers.
- Snake Power: Three bottles of ‘Snake Power’ elixir to replenish energy during battle
- Playing Tokens: 5,000 playing tokens for the in-game gambling area
- “Blazing Kick” Advanced Training Scroll: Unlocks the advanced ability of the “Blazing Kick” to better challenge Ryo’s foes
- Toy Capsule: Set of 24 tickets to exchange for in-game capsule toys
With that said, there are a few differences between GameStop, EB Games, Best Buy and Amazon. You’ll want to take note of their offered pre-order bonuses below.
Gamestop (US) / EB Games (Canada)
- Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion: This exquisitely-crafted physical item is inspired by the iconic Dragon and Phoenix mirrors of the Shenmue series.
- Limited Edition Steelbook: This illustrated Steelbook case captures the beauty and elegance of the Shenmue series and features portraits of Shenmue III heroes Ryo and Shenhua.
- Kenpogi Training Wear DLC: Original training gear based on actual Chinese Kung Fu wear.
Source: Press Release