NetherRealm Studios latest instalment in the Mortal Kombat franchise, Mortal Kombat 11, received a lot of praise for its new mechanics, engaging storyline, and an overall fresh take on the series. In fact, the game managed to snatch the number one spot on the NPD charts this week.
Although the game runs smoothly on almost all platforms, PC players reported their distraught over the studio’s framerate-per-second cap in certain parts of the game. Naturally, this affects performance and players’ response time. NetherRealm Studios went to Reddit and addressed the issue. Their team is currently working on adding an option for players to increase those framerate capped areas to 60 FPS. In addition to that, Mortal Kombat 11 received a PC patch fixing several performance, UI, and input problems.
Additionally, on the topic of having the certain parts of the game run with a framerate cap of 30 FPS, we hear you. We’re currently working on providing the option to increase the caps in those areas to 60 FPS. We’ll have more details soon, stay tuned!
Fixed a major source of desyncs that would occur in Group Battles
• Fixed a crash in Group Battles that could occur sometimes when pausing and activating modifiers
• Fixed an issue that would prevent calling another player for help in a Tag Battle/Group Battle while using the keyboard
• NVIDIA Highlights and NVIDIA Ansel are now available to all players with compatible NVIDIA GPUs. NVIDIA Highlights automatically captures key moments, ensuring that your best gaming moments are automatically saved. NVIDIA Ansel is a powerful photo mode that lets you take professional-grade photographs of your games.
• Fixed an issue that could cause players to die twice in a row when failing a puzzle in the Krypt
• Players will now be prompted to perform a benchmark before starting an online match in Towers of Time
• Previously purchased DLC will now be displayed as unavailable in the Store
• Several issues with TAA were addressed in a previous patch
• Mouse cursor is now displaying correctly while in a menu in the Krypt
• Several UI fixes
• Several minor mouse/keyboard input fixes
Mortal Kombat 11 is out on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.