Logic Artists and Larian Studios Announce Divinity: Fallen Heroes; Divinity: Original Sin 2’s Successor
Larian Studios and Logic Artists announced the latest addition to the Divinity universe, Divinity: Fallen Heroes.
Divinity: Fallen Heroes is developed by Logic Artists, the team mostly known for their work on the Expedition franchise and especially Expeditions: Vikings. The game is set in its predecessor’s, Divinity: Original Sin 2, universe.. The game offers players the chance to ply as a group of Godwoken called the Apocalypse Squad, while managing their airship’s crew, battling undead Bloodless, and other dangerous creatures around the Divinity universe. Divinity: Fallen Heroes promises to feature an improved combat system. Not only that, Malady, an influential NPC character in Divinity Original Sin 2, was revealed as a playable character. Here is a brief overview of all the new and main features Larian Studios revealed earlier.
Delve deeper into the world of Rivellon as you command your troops aboard the Lady Vengeance. Explore new lands and wield new weapons and skills. Build your squad and vanquish never-before seen corners of Rivellon. Divinity: Fallen Heroes features two player cooperative play as well as a single player mode.
A new threat looms over Rivellon. Lead aboard the Lady Vengeance and enlist the help of new and existing heroes. Join Malady, Fane, Ifan, Lohse, Sebille, Red Emperor and Beast in a tactical game with all the depth of an RPG.
Aboard the Lady Vengeance, manage your crew through diplomacy. Your choices affect everything.Lose faith and you lose heroes. Rally your troops, and you restore hope.
Vanquish the deserts of the Lizard Empire and the snowy climate of the Dwarven Kingdom. Master a revised combat system and take on over 60 missions with narrative objectives where your decisions greatly affect the story.
- Gunpower comes to Divinity. Lock’n’load with an arsenal of guns and rifles.
- Oil, Fire, Ice, Water and Poison surfaces are joined by the new Sulfurium surface, affecting hero positioning on the battlefield.
- Play with mysterious hero character Malady for the first time in a Divinity game, as well as an all-new character. Or take control of the famous Godwoken.
- Select from 30+ different unit types to create the perfect squad, and equip them with over 200 skills.
- Decide which technology to research and what artefacts to obtain to give your troops that extra oomph.
- Simultaneous Co-op Gameplay allowing you to take turns and combine abilities at the same time.
- Unlock devastating source powers for your flying battleship, The Lady Vengeance, that will turn the tide of battle.
- Recruit unique veteran troops, but be careful: if you lose them in battle, they are gone for good.
- Optional objectives and challenges will push your tactical acumen to its limits.
Divinity: Fallen Heroes is expected to release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, just like its predecessor. However, no release date or estimated time of arrival accompanied the press release. For those attending PAX East, the studio revealed an early preview build of the latest entry is present during the convention at the studio’s booth.
[Source: press release]