Fallout 76 “Wild Appalachia” Major Content Update is Live; Adds New Quests, Brewing Mechanics, and More
Fallout 76 suffered from a lot of issues at launch, and continued to until Bethesda released a series of continuous updates to address reported issues. This didn’t distract the studio from working on the game’s first major content expansion, Wild Appalachia.
The update’s content were discussed earlier this week, but they had to delay its release for a day due to technical issues. The expansion brings multiple new quests, new features, a new seasonal event, and a new Survival game mode. Some of the new features added to the game include Purveyor, a vendor roaming around Fallout 76’s world and selling legendary gear. Not only that, the game now has brewing and distilling mechanics, allowing players to build their own brewery.
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Fallout 76 is now available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Make sure to check out the expansion’s official gameplay trailer below.