Crackdown 3 Update Improves Co-op Experiences, Addresses Co-op Save Issues, Adjusts Tanks’ Blast Radius, and More
Sumo Digital and Microsoft’s Crackdown 3 finally saw the light in February, and was met with mediocre reviews, mostly praising the game’s cloud technology but criticizing the game’s lack of innovation and addition to the franchise. The studio released the game’s first update to address some of the reported issues.
Crackdown 3’s first update improves co-op performance, especially during long co-op sessions where players experience sudden drops in performance. In addition to that, some players reported corrupted or overwritten co-op game files, as well as adjusting how the system deals with one person leaving. The update also increases the Annihilator and Minotaur’s blast radii adjusted to “better match their explosive visuals.” Here are the patch notes.
Crackdown 3 –Patch #1 Release Notes
Co-op Performance improvements:
• We also improved performance during particularly long co-op sessions.
• We are still investigating other fixes, including the 30 fps lock.
Co-op save games fixes:
• Backing out of the World Select menu no longer overwrites the original selection.
• Co-op campaigns should now prompt for an empty save slot to avoid overwriting existing world data.
Players should no longer have incorrect prompts to be removed from co-op session.
• When playing co-op, if one person leaves or drops a timer will start, notifying you before it takes you back to the main menu. This was popping up incorrectly for some people in active co-op sessions but should no longer be an issue.
Niemand’s air lift open for business.
• There was a small chance if you died during the Niemand fight, that the air lift to return to the boss arena would not be opened properly. This has been fixed.
Tanks bring more BOOM!
• The Annihilator and Minotaur have had their projectile blast radius corrected to better match their explosive visuals.
Propaganda Towers only rotate one way.
• The rotating platforms on propaganda towers will no longer hitch a few feet backwards during their rotation.
Gaming mice no longer impact menu FPS.
• Fixed an issue where mice with high refresh rate/DPI were causing severe FPS loss in menu and occasionally in game.
Other Misc. Fixes:
• Fixed a rare case where vehicles would be catapulted away during collisions.
• Fixed issue with supply points not changing to blue in co-op.
• Tons of audio and VO fixes.
• Lots of other tiny fixes.
Crackdown 3 released on February 15th for PC and Xbox One.
[Source: Crackdown 3]