Bethesda’s latest Fallout title to release — Fallout 76 — didn’t do too hot with both gamers and critics. It launched with a ton of bugs, stability issues, and boring world events to do.
However, it seems that Bethesda is slowly gaining back some momentum with the game, slowly bringing it to what the game should have initially launched with. Today the company detailed their 2019 roadmap for Fallout 76 and if you’re a fan of the game, this should excite you! But before we dive into the new updates, check out the apology from Bethesda on the rocky Fallout 76 start:
“…. we know the game had a difficult launch, and we’ve made mistakes along the way. We share in your frustrations when we do. We’ll probably make a few more, and when we do, we will work to correct them as quickly as possible. Know that we’re fully dedicated to making this game the best it can be – and even more so, a platform for endless Fallout adventures for years to come.”
Bethesda then goes onto note in their blog post that there will be three major updates coming to the game and they are set to release in the Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2019. Each update will come with a slew of new storyline quests, side quests, and much much more.
The three major updates will be titled Wild Appalachia, Nuclear Winter, and Wastelanders. Each update will come with its own unique features, and thankfully, Bethesda detailed each one so fans can see excatly what is set to come to fallout 76 later this year.
Check out all three major updates down below:
Release: March 12
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Fallout 76 is now available to play for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. are you excited about the upcoming 2019 roadmap for the game? Let us know in the comments below!