Developer Team Cherry surprised everyone this morning when they announced a sequel to their critically acclaimed platforming, roguevania, Dark Souls-esque title Hollow Knight.
Being dubbed as Hollow Knight: Silksong, fans will be returning to the crazy world of Hollow Knight, but this time around a new Kingdom will be introduced to players, acrobatic combat will be implemented, a ton of quests will need to be completed and so much more!
Check out the official Hollow Knight: Silksong reveal trailer down below:
In addition to the awesome reveal trailer, Team Cherry released a very casual and laid back developer diary discussing the surprise announcement. The video is about 20 minutes long and gives fans a good look and some cool details about the upcoming title.
Check out the developer diary down below:
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
Hollow Knight: Silksong has no release date at the moment, however, it is set to release exclusively for Nintendo switch and PC. Are you excited about the upcoming sequel? Let us know in the comments below!