Developer Drinkbox Studios announced today that their critically acclaimed Metroidvania titles, Guacamelee and Guacamelee 2, will be receiving a physical collection in May.
This is super exciting news for any fans of the series, as well ass newcomers alike. Guacamelee is a super fun beat em’ up title that bridges fun gameplay and well-rounded story. Now with the collection announced, anyone who is interested in the game, should most definitely keep an eye on it.
Being dubbed as the Guacamelee One-Two Punch collection, players will get two great titles, a physical edition of the game with some cool trinkets, and much more. The game is set to release on May 28 for the PS4 and Switch for $39.99.
Check out the announcement trailer down below:
The Guacamelee! series combines action-packed 2D brawling with challenging platforming and Metroidvania progression elements. Inspired by Mexican folklore, Guacamelee! has players take control of a down-on-his-luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate as he explores a huge hand-crafted world filled with hordes of undead enemies and sassy bosses.
- Two incredible games in one package! The ultimate Guacamelee! experience – Non-stop fighting action with an extensive move list and advanced combo engine
- Swap seamlessly between Living and Dead worlds to outwit impossible terrain – Attacks double as movement, uniting platforming and fighting
- Diverse world with lively towns, dark forests, flowery canals and fiery volcanoes
- Drop in/out local co-operative play with up to four players
- Many unique bosses, wide range of foes, and elite-class enemies
- Colorful, vibrant costumes that change both appearance and fighting attributes
- Leaderboards, achievements, and support for multiple save slots – … and of course chickens. Lots and lots of chickens.
- Collection includes exclusive 2-sided poster, full manual, and soundtrack codes
Guacamelee One-Two Punch will be available for both the PS4, and Nintendo Switch on May 28. Are you excited about the new collection? Let us know in the comments below!