Battle Royale is all the hype right now and it seems that Rockstar has got the itch for it as well, as the latest update for Red Dead Redemption 2 will be coming with a new 32-player Battle Royale mode.
The new mode is titled Gun Rush and will place 32 players in a lobby and have them duke it out until one player is left standing. The concept of the mode is pretty basic, players will have to find weapons and ammunition while using their survival instincts to remain the last player.
Check out the official description of the new Gun Rush mode down below:
Today’s update to the Red Dead Online Beta introduces Gun Rush, where you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players. Available to play now in Free-for-all and Team variations, where the last one standing wins.
In addition to the new 32-player battle royale mode, Rockstar also detailed what else the team has been working on thanks to player feedback, check them out in full down below:
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
More to Come
We are working on lots of new content that we will be releasing this year. Just a few of the updates in the works are:
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
With the latest update for Red Dead Redemption 2 now available to download, what will be your first course of action? Running to the new battle royale mode? Or you planning on tackling some other side activities? Let us know in the comments below!