Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update Brings the Festive Spirit to Blackout, Adds Limited-Time Winter Event and More
Christmas is just around the corner, and Treyarch wants to put all Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players into the festive spirit with the game’s latest update.
The update kicks off a Winter Event, completely changing decorations and adding festive lighting, snowballs and even “holiday-themed Supply Stashes” to Blackout. Zombies is getting its own Winter Calling event, where players can earn several new items through the Zombies Barracks. The update brings several other stability improvements, bug fixes and tweaks.
- Blackout Holiday Event: Snowballs, festive lighting/decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes (PS4)
- Winter Event Stream in Black Market for MP and Blackout (PS4)
- Winter Calling in Zombies (PS4)
- PC 1.09 title update
- Zombies stability/exploit fixes for Dead of the Night
- MP stability improvements for Zero’s Ice Pick
- Fixed stuck flare issue in Blackout
We’ve made the following updates today on PS4:
- Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Holiday Event now live in Blackout, first on PS4.
- Added Snowballs, holiday lighting & decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes.
- Character Missions
- Addressed an issue with the Character Mission for the IX version of Shaw that prevented one of the mission requirements from registering.
- Limited-time Winter Calling event stream now live with new items to unlock in the Zombies Barracks.
- Dead of the Night
- Fixed some crashes that could occur during the Pack-a-Punch Quest.
- Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the East Stairway.
- Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the Forest.
- Close some exploits where players could get into safe areas using Nowhere But There.
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when Zero’s Ice Pick was used.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when unlocking the Gold Camo for the Daemon 3XB and the Diamond Camo for the SWAT RFT. [updated 4PM PT]
- Addressed an issue where targeting reticles would still be visible when controlling a Mantis that had been hit by an EMP Disruptor.
- Addressed an issue where controlling a Mantis that was hit with an EMP Disruptor, exiting the Mantis, then re-entering the Mantis could cause it to lose functionality.
- Added a scrollbar and numbers to the Dark Ops Challenges screen to point out additional challenges off-screen.
- Fixed a missing image for the Handling Master Challenge in the After Action Report.
- Addressed an issue that prevented some Reactive Camos from progressing if attachments were equipped.
- Repairs done on Armor will no longer disappear if that Armor had been previously worn by another player, then dropped after being repaired.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur while downed.
- Addressed an issue that would cause a red flare and smoke to stay on players after they landed.
- Some previously-acquired Warpaints now properly display in the updated Character Customization menus (remaining Warpaints to come in an upcoming fix).
- Addressed an issue that would cause UI Errors to appear when scrolling to Melee weapons in Paintshop.
Make sure to share with us your favourite Christmas decorations from around the Blackout map.