Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island Update Now Available on Xbox One & PC; Full Set of Patch Notes Detailed
Microsoft has detailed the upcoming update that is scheduled for today for Forza Horizon 4 users. The addition of Fortune Island has arrived and players will be able to take their rides to new terrain, new roads, and new sights!
If you missed out on the trailer for the upcoming Fortune Island add-on, check it out down below:
In addition to the new Fortune Island update, Playground Games also made a slew of fixes for both PC and Xbox One users. Both the Fortune Island and update fixes will be deploying today, December 13th.
Check out the full set of patch notes down below:
- PC: 1.228.387.2
- Xbox: 1.228.387.0
- Improved Horizon Life Multiplayer Event Sign-Up
- When you create a Multiplayer Event, you can post it to the Activity Panel and return to Freeroam while you wait for players to sign up and join. The previous 40-second limit has been removed, and now you can wait for as long as you like for players to join before you start the session.
- Improved Photo Mode
- We’ve added more freedom to how you can move and pan the camera, along with bokeh effects and the ability to toggle headlights, drivers, wildlife and crowd characters!
Cross Platform Fixes
- Emotes can now occasionally be found for purchase in the #Forzathon shop.
- Improved visibility of driving line on mini-map in various colorblind modes.
- Added messaging to inform players that Cars and Credits must be claimed from the Auction House within 60 days.
- Added an LSP error message to make users aware they need an update to the game.
- Seasonal Event names are now shown on the map, making them easier to find.
- Made a change to allow users who use manual gears to view the map during Route Creation.
- Fixed an exploit in Route Creator which allowed players to create routes to easily gain a large number of skill points.
- Fixed an exploit in Rivals which allowed players to use cars that did not meet the event restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where players who flipped cars, or missed checkpoints were not being reset in Ranked Adventure.
- Fixed an issue where players could not remove glasses in the Character Customizer.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes get stuck in a Car Mastery Tree, and be unable to navigate from their current tile.
- Fixed an issue where players were occasionally being teleported to their last created Route Blueprint after a Seasonal Championship.
- Fixed an issue where the Distance Driven stat was not updating correctly if the player changed their car via the Pause Menu
- Various stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue where benchmark mode for Nvidia cards would sometimes show performance degradation when there was none.
- Fixed an issue where the latest Windows 10 OS was causing a crash when entering speed zones.
- Fixed infrequent frame drops when using AMD Radeon R9 290X
- Improved non-standard functions that have been mapped to a controller.
- Fixed extreme sudden movements to wheels during initialization.
- Fixed the grinding noise in cockpit view when shifting with the Logitech G920.
- Fixed the deadzones settings functionality for Throttle, Brake, Clutch and Steering.
- Added UI to make it clearer which way to turn the wheel when mapping a Steering Wheel.
- No Xbox-specific fixes.
Forza Horizon 4 is now available for Xbox One and PC. Are you ready to jump back into the latest Horizon installment? Let us know in the comments below!