Battlefield V’s Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture is the game’s first major free content update since the game’s launch, and it brings new maps, and showcases “The Last Tiger” single-player War Story campaign.
The campaign focuses around a “lone Tiger Tank crew” who wanders around the Panzerstorm map re-evaluating the situation around him, and even questioning the ideology of what got them to this point. The map introduced with the update is conveniently made to suit tank fights, set “where the German mechanized war machine plunges into Belgium.” The update finally introduces vehicle customization, allowing players to customize their tanks or even planes.
- Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture lets you take on an addition to our single-player War Stories: The Last Tiger. In it, a lone Tiger Tank crew begins to question the ideology that got them to this point.
- Overture brings the Panzerstorm map, where the German mechanized war machine plunges into Belgium, smashing into Allied defensive forces. On this tank-focused arena, you’ll roll across ridges, ditches, and elevated roads with a massive force of armor, carving a path of destruction through the countryside.
- We’re also adding the Practice Range to Battlefield V. A seat of learning or just messing around, this area will contain trials to work on your shooting, driving, and flying. Based on the Hamada map, this is an environment that can’t kill you – until someone finds the Friendly Fire button, that is.
- You’ll get to explore Vehicle Customization when Chapter 1 starts, too. Stand out on the battlefield with stunning tank skins and make your mark on the skies with plane skins and nose art decals.
- Overture brings weekly events and rewards that will keep highlighting the finer details of Battlefield V gameplay. Each event brings a series of challenges that lets you earn new Tides of War rewards. Also, look forward to the rewards for each time you level up your chapter rank.
Battlefield V released on November 20, 2018, for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms, with Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture already out since December 4th.