Bethesda Acknowledges Fallout 76’s Fans Frustration; December Updates Feature Stash Limit Increase, Boss Loot and More
Fallout 76 is a new experiment for the Fallout franchise and Bethesda. Although it is still a Fallout game in its core, the game lacks some of the fundamental online aspects to unlock its full potential, and the studio finally acknowledged fans’ complaints.
Bethesda’s community team went over to Reddit, and provided fans on the Fallout 76 subreddit with a lengthy statement. First off, they apologised for the lack of communication with the fans, acknowledged fans’ frustration, and mentioned they are continuously gathering feedback and transferring them to the development team accordingly.
We know you’re frustrated and angry at the state of things right now, whether it’s the issues you’re running into in the game, or the lack of communication about fixes, updates, or news. […] Yesterday we posted to let you know that we’re still here gathering your feedback and, more importantly, working to get info from the team we can share. We didn’t want you to think the silence meant nothing was happening. We’re sorry and understand this was not the right approach, and we’ll work to make a better bridge between you and the dev team at BGS.
The statement continued to finally provide fans with a little reassurance. On December 4th and 11th respectively, the game will receive two updates. The first will fix major reported issues like getting stuck in power armour, or respawning at your vault whenever you die while overcumbered. Not only that, the much-requested stash-limit increase is finally here, as well as adding new “boss loot.” On the other hand, the December 11th update brings new settings and features to the PC version of the title, as well as allowing players over level 50 to choose whether to allocate their SPECIAL points to a new Perk card or reallocate your previously earned points.
December 4 Update
- Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
- Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11 Update
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Fallout 76 is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Earlier this week, former Obsidian developer, David Lockwood, shared his opinion on the game, and he had some good and bad things to say.