It’s the gaming award season and with the Video Game Awards a couple of weeks away, nominees and fans around the world sit and wait for their favorite titles to win.
However, over the weekend, the Golden Joystick Awards 2018 went on. The award show covers the best storytelling, best indie game, and each console’s respective best title of the year.
The list is filled with so many great games, but there was one title who won multiple awards — PS4’s God of War. The latest iteration of God of War was a triumphant title for the console and this award season will definitely prove it.
Check out the full list of winners mentioned down below:
- Best Storytelling – God of War
- Best Competitive Game – Fortnite Battle Royale
- Best Cooperative Game – Monster Hunter: World
- Best Visual Design – God of War
- Best Indie Game – Dead Cells
- Best Audio – God of War
- Still Playing Award – World of Tanks
- Best Performer – Bryan Dechart (as Connor from Detroit: Become Human)
- Esports Game of the Year – Overwatch
- Best VR Game – The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim VR
- Studio of the Year – SIE Santa Monica Studio
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster – Bryan Dechart and Amelia Rose Blaire
- Mobile Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile
- PC Game of the Year – Subnautica
- PlayStation Game of the Year – God of War
- Xbox Game of the Year – Forza Horizon 4
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Octopath Traveler
- Breakthrough Award – Unknown Worlds
- Most Wanted Game – Cyberpunk 2077
- Critics Choice Award – Red Dead Redemption 2
- Lifetime Achievement – Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware)
- Outstanding Contribution – Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Fortnite Battle Royale
What do you think of the winners from the Golden Joystick Awards of 2018? Did your favorite games win anything? Let us know in the comments below!