No Man’s Sky received a significant update towards the end of last month, The Abyss update finally allowed players to explore the underwater world of different planets. Not only that, it brought with it numerous new vehicles, animals, gameplay features, as well as a new single-player campaign titled The Dreams of the Deep.
Recently, Hello Games’ founder Sean Murray went on the game’s official website and released update 1.71 patch notes, accompanied by a short note promising “further strides” to come before the year ends. Update 1.71 mainly focuses on addressing issues in The Abyss update, and there were a few considering the size and number of new additions to the game. It focuses on fixing NPC dialogue where players were unable to receive a reward if their inventory is full, so the dialogue just kept resetting. In addition to that, it disabled gestures while climbing ladders, fixed reported crashes, improved underwater sound effects according to feedback, in addition to other miscellaneous fixes and enhancements.
Update 1.71 is now released to all platforms, and the full patch notes are available to read below. It is hard to believe it is already November – this has been such an intense, productive, and emotional year for No Man’s Sky – and there are further strides to take in our journey before 2018 is out. Thanks for being here with us, and for all your encouraging messages of support. We are listening.
Thank you so much,
- Fixed an issue where NPC dialogue could reset if the player’s inventory was too full to receive a reward.
- Improved icons for underwater products.
- Fixed an issue with biological horrors and jellyfish in Permadeath mode.
- Fixed an issue with the hypnotic Abyssal Horror and clam in multiplayer.
- Disabled gestures while on ladders.
- Improved some underwater sound effects.
- Fixed some rare crashes.
- Fixed an issue where the interior of the science frigate could be missing.
- Fixed an issue preventing building multiples of storage container 1 (PC only, fix rolling out to other platforms soon).
- Prevented an erroneous boost icon appearing while piloting the Nautilon (PC only, fix rolling out to other platforms soon).
[Source: No Man’s Sky ]