Cities: Skylines’ Industries Expansion Allows Players to Finally Manage Industries and Factories; Releases Next Week
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order’s latest instalment in the Cities franchise, Cities Skylines, was mostly well received. However, one of the complaints was how lifeless the game’s industrial areas are, with just the regular working animations and nothing actually happening. The studio finally decided to address it in the game’s next expansion.
Cities: Skylines Industries expansion addresses industrial areas, and adds loads of content for players to take care of and manage in their cities. The expansion allows players to follow their products “from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.” Not only that, players can also ship their products and manage supply chains. In addition to that, five new maps are getting added to the game, with more focus on industrial areas.
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Wonk Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
Cities: Skylines Industries releases on PC on October 23, priced at $15. Consoles will receive the expansion at a later date. Check out the announcement trailer below.
[Source: official press release]