Hunt: Showdown Update 2.4 is Live; Adds Three New Weapons, More Graphics Settings, Shortened Loading Times and More
Earlier in July, Crytek’s action hunting title, Hunt: Showdown, received a content update. At the time, update 2.1 added several new weapons, spectator mode, new fog weather and more.
This time around the developer is focusing more on adding more graphical settings for players to mingle around with, improve loading times, perform several GPU and CPU optimizations, as well as adding three new weapons. In addition to that, the update brings some matchmaking changes, allowing for more rank brackets to get matched together. Here are the patch notes, as well as a description of each of the three new weapons.
- Extended graphics settings – Users can now access a broader range of additional options that can customize performance based on available hardware.
- Loading time improvements – Optimized the time to get into matches on both client and server (Potential saving of 20-30 seconds).
- Resolution scaling – Players can now scale the game rendering independently for their desired resolution which can significantly improve GPU performance when users are GPU bound.
- GPU optimizations – Re-balanced low spec configuration and reduced GPU cost across the board.
- CPU optimizations – Mainthread will be more stable and generally more efficient thanks to a collection of smaller improvements in game code and systems.
- Matchmaking changes – Added an additional matchmaking bracket. Current brackets are now set to ranks 1 to 33 (with overflow to 50), ranks 34 to 66 (with overflow to 80), and ranks 67 to max rank (including prestige).
- Solo Missions – Solo missions will now be single target missions (1 Boss).
- New weapons
- Nagant M1895 Officer Carbine – A modified version of the Nagant M1895 Officer pistol with a long barrel and a stock.
- Specter 1882 Compact – A modified version of the Specter 1882 Shotgun with a foregrip and a sawn-off barrel. Wider spread, but shorter range.
- Crossbow Shotbolt – A hand-crafted crossbow that mixes the characteristics traits of a shotgun with those of a crossbow, utilizing bolts tipped with shotgun shells that detonate on impact setting off a cone of shotgun pellets.
Let us know how noticeable are all of the new performance optimization and loading time improvements.