THQ Nordic and Experiment 101’s Biomutant was revealed to the world back in August 2017, since then, very few details or trailers were released. However, the game was present during Gamescom 2018 and even received a gameplay trailer. The trailer looked very interesting, featuring several different landscapes, weird mystical creatures roaming around the forest, some fighting scenes and most importantly, the trailer’s description said “coming 2018.” Unfortunately, it won’t.
Biomutant‘s Twitter account responded to a number fans, one of them was regarding release date. Surprisingly, the developer responded with a summer 2019 release window, which indicates the game was pushed beyond its intended release date. For those unfamiliar with the title, here are its main features.
- A New Take on 3rd Person Combat – The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve Your Game-Play – You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Next Level of Crafting – Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear Up for Adventure – You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive in a Vibrant Open World – You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- An Unusual Story With an Unusual End – A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Biomutant is now scheduled for some time during summer 2019, and will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Check out the game’s Gamescom gameplay trailer below.