Vehicular MOBA Switchblade Goes into Early Access on August 28th; Early Access Content and PlayStation Plus Exclusive Content Detailed
England-based developer, Lucid Games, recently announced their latest projects is finally entering its early access phase.
A new take on the MOBA genre, Switchblade, offers players the chance to play with armoured and weaponised vehicles instead of the usual heroes or champions players regularly use in games such as Dota 2 or League of Legends. The game entered its beta phase earlier in February, and will be an early access title starting from Tuesday, August 28. PlayStation Plus subscribers can enjoy an exclusive VIP pack, featuring a number of VIP skins for their vehicles. Here are the founder’s pack and PS-Plus pack contents.
- 16 Vehicles (plus All Future Vehicles)
- 16 Exclusive Founders Vehicle Skins
- 3 Day Battle Points (soft Currency) Boost
- 500 Bit Cash (hard Currency)
PlayStation Plus Exclusive VIP Pack
- Exclusive Fortress VIP skin
- Exclusive Mob Buddy VIP skin
- Exclusive Flaming Blade VIP skin
- Exclusive Sniper Prince VIP skin
- Exclusive Healing Hippo VIP skin
- Exclusive Sidewinder VIP skin
For those wondering what modes will be available during Switchblade’s early access, check out the list below. Players can participate in quick play matches, learn the ropes of the game through tutorial mode, spectate ongoing games, and even take part in competitive online ranked matches.
- Tutorial: You can learn about the basics of Switchblade and the Game Rules.
- Quick Play: A quick and easy way to jump into the fight, this mode automatically matches opponents of a similar skill level to you.
- Co-OP vs. AI: Practice with other human players against a team of AI Bots.
- Broadcaster: Select a match and join as a spectator.
- Competitive Ranked: Play a competitive game and increase your Season Rank. Show off your skill in this game mode.
Switchblade is planned to release on PS4 and PC, with no set release date as of yet.