Epic Games‘ battle royale sensation, Fortnite, is celebrating its one-year anniversary.
Fortnite’s latest update 5.1 added the Compact SMG, an epic and legend rarity variation of the Regular SMG. Not only that, they added several challenges for players to complete to get a special one-year anniversary backpack. Here are everything update 5.1 adds to Fortnite.
We’ve got a birthday party planned for #Fortnite1st and you’re invited! Eat cake, party and bring your friends. Each Birthday Challenge you complete unlocks a slice of the birthday cosmetic set.
Playground LTM (Battle Royale)
Playground mode is back on Wednesday, July 25! New team select options let you and your squad set up team battles for practice and training.
Race! Create and share your screenshots and cinematics on social.
Compact SMG (Battle Royale)
Unwrap the newest weapon in Battle Royale. Engage in close quarters combat with the high capacity, fast firing Compact SMG.
- New default keybindings for new players.
- All keyboard layouts will continue to default to the QWERTY bindings for new players or those who reset their back to default.
- Changed countdown timers to display more useful information
- Shows hours left instead of days when under 72 hours.
- Shows hours:minutes: seconds left when below 13 hours.
- Changed the background of the loading screen bullet points area to be partially translucent.
- Removed the “static noise” when switching tabs.
- The “Restore” button has been removed from the settings screen. Also, the “Reset Defaults” button has been renamed to “Reset”.
- Leaving the settings screen before applying changes will give the option to apply changes and exit or discard changes and exit.
- Double clicks now register as two clicks on a button, allowing for faster navigation through Next/Previous type buttons
- Items on the ground will properly have their stack counts updated if the stack size changes while the player is currently looking at them.
- Fixed a frame delay on some text layouts, which would cause large blocks of text to reflow their wrapping one frame after seeing them.
- Corrected text shadows that were appearing incorrectly in certain areas of the UI.
How much are enjoying season 5 so far?