PUBG patch 18 is finally out.
The update brings the long-awaited Custom Match feature to its open beta phase, as well as adding a new weapon and a new pickup truck vehicle. Both are Sanhok exclusive items, the latest map added to the battle royale title. Not only that, it brings a number of bug fixes as well as only showing gamepad options when a gamepad is connected. The studio’s announcement of custom matches and its main features hinted towards the possibility of this being a paid feature once it is out of its beta phase.
New Weapon: QBU (Sanhok Exclusive)
- The QBU is a new 5.56mm DMR coming exclusively to Sanhok. It features a bipod, which will greatly reduce recoil when shooting from prone status. The QBU replaces the Mini14 on Sanhok.
- The QBU is a new, Sanhok-exclusive DMR with a standard magazine of 10 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, which can be increased to 20 with an extended magazine.
- There is bipod attached to QBU—it will greatly reduce recoil when you shoot while prone.
- The QBU replaces the Mini 14 on Sanhok.
New Vehicle: Rony (Sanhok Exclusive)
- The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok. This truck holds up to 4 passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes. The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on…
- The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok (from the automaker that brought you the Mirado)!
- This truck holds up to 4 passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes.
- The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on Sanhok, so it can be used for cover as well as transportation!
Custom match UI has been updated and custom match creation is available for all player, in open beta on our test servers. Our plan is to expand this test to live servers, once the system is proven to be stable.
Custom match list can now be viewed after selecting custom match game mode.
- Normal mode: Classic battle royale rules—be the last person (or team) standing
- Zombie mode: Play as either humans or zombies. Only one faction can win.
- War mode: Team deathmatch with respawns. The team with the most points (kills and knocks) wins.
- eSports mode: PGI 2018 eSports rule will be applied
After selecting your preferred game mode, custom matches can now be created using presets. Each game mode currently has one default preset available. Additional presets which will allow you to easily enjoy other game modes will be added in the future.
- After creating the match, the settings can be adjusted using the options in the BASIC, RULES, and SPAWNS menus.
- BASIC: Set session name, game mode, password, server region, map, weather, etc.
- RULES: Set number of players, team size, gameplay, Blue Zone settings.
- SPAWN: Set the types of weapons available and spawn rates.
Things to keep in mind when creating custom matches:
- The number of total created custom games at once are limited.
- At least 2 players are required to start the match.
- You can keep the game in a waiting room for up to two hours
Custom game spectating feature has been disabled temporarily. This feature will be reopened after maintenance work.
UI / UX
- In Options > Control tab, now gamepad related options will only be displayed when the gamepad is connected
- Fixed an issue where, when dragging items from a loot crate or the field, players couldn’t acquire items because the item amounts were automatically divided
- Fixed an issue where, when the backpack was full, players couldn’t throw away extended mags
- Fixed an issue where the camera would rotate 180 degrees upon death, making it difficult to understand which direction you were killed from.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to see through some buildings on Sanhok
- The crossbow zeroing will always remain at 25m even with a scope attached.
PUBG patch 18 is out on PC right now.