While No Man’s Sky had an absolutely disastrous launch, Hello Games have been doing everything the studio can stick to the vision that Sean Murray originally had. And while the game has been getting pretty decent content updates since it’s launch, nothing has been quite as big as the NEXT Update.
Some of the new additions include a new multiplayer mode allowing for space battles, races and multiplayer colony building, unlimited base-building a new visual overhaul and the ability to command Freighters.
“On behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games, I just want to say ‘thank you’. We are so excited to have made NEXT, and to continue to improve and develop No Man’s Sky, because of you, the community who play, explore and share this universe with us. It means so much to us,”
Check out the changes, down below:
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
The NEXT update lands July 24th, coinciding with the update is a new Xbox One release.