Overwatch Latest PTR Update Adds New Escort Map; Performs Several Hero Adjustments, Adds New Abilities to Hanzo
Blizzard recently released a new update for Overwatch’s Public Test Realm, adding a new Escort map and performing several significant hero changes.
The new Escort map is based in Venice, Italy, one of Italy’s most beautiful cities. The city’s famous canal runs through the middle of the map, adding a new dynamic to players’ playing style. The map’s backdrop is the “infamous “Venice Incident,” a turning point for Overwatch and Talon.” Not only that, the update nerfed Tracer’s Pulse Bomb damage, added new abilities to Hanzo, reduced Brigitte’s Shield Bash cone angle and much more. Here is a brief description regarding the new map Rialto and most of the character balance changes.
Rialto was home to Talon agent Antonio Bartalotti’s sprawling estate and the backdrop to the infamous “Venice Incident,” a turning point for Overwatch and Talon. The Italian government has taken great steps to preserve Venice, and the results are striking. Tourists visiting this picturesque town can sample the regional cuisine, enjoy a relaxing gondola ride, visit Galleria D’arte Omnica, or simply take in the sights with a stroll along the canal.
- Max damage decreased from 400 to 300
- Cone angle reduced from 90 to 60
- Hitbox size has been reduced
- Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
- Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds
- Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
- Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters
- Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally
- Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability
- Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power
- Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2
- Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12
- Wall riding is less likely to be interrupted along a single surface
- Can now go around corners (both outside corners, and inside corners) without having to leave the wall
- Can now land back on the same wall after leaping away, provided his leap takes him far enough away from the original jumping off point.
- Movement speed bonus when leaping off walls decreased from 2.5 to 2.0 meters per second
- Added a minimum time that they jump key must be held before Lúcio can ride around corners
What do you think of the changes Blizzard made with this update?