Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm, a MOBA combining all the famous characters we know and love from different Blizzard franchises, just received a new hero.
The latest Public Test Realm update is out and adds Deckard to the mix. Players can enjoy playing as Deckard in the game’s PTR until April 23rd. For those of you unfamiliar with Deckard’s background story, Deckard Cain is a wise scholar who is well versed in arcane and magic spells. His character was present in almost every Diablo title since the franchise began. Here is his traits, abilities, as well as other changes and improvements the update brings.
New Hero: Deckard
An avid scholar, Deckard Cain has dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge. He has been an advisor, storyteller, and friend to Sanctuary’s greatest heroes, guiding them through peril time and again. When Deckard speaks, it’s wise to stay awhile and listen.Trait
- Fortitude of the Faithful
- When at least 1 other allied Hero is nearby, Deckard gains 10 Armor and his Basic Abilities recharge 50% faster.Basic Abilities
- Healing Potion (Q)
- Toss a Healing Potion on the ground that heals the first allied Hero that comes in contact with it for 230.
- Limit 5 active Potions.
- Horadric Cube (W)
- Throw the Horadric Cube, dealing 80 damage to all enemies in the area and Slowing them by 40% for 1.75 seconds.
- Scroll of Sealing (E)
- Unfurl an enchanted scroll, forming a triangle that deals 150 damage to enemies inside and Roots them for 1.5 seconds.Heroic Abilities
- Stay Awhile and Listen (R)
- After 1 second, Channel for 3 seconds, putting enemy Heroes in front of Deckard to Sleep while Channeling, and for 2 seconds after.
- Enemies can only be put to Sleep once per cast, and Sleep’s effects end instantly if they take damage.
- Lorenado (R)
- Vector Targeting.
- Create a swirling lorenado that travels in the targeted direction, continually knocking away any enemies that come into contact with it.
ArtHeroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Gul’dan: Has received updated visual effects to make his Abilities easier to spot during battle.
User IntefaceDraft Mode
- Hero portraits in Draft Lobbies will now use 2D Base Hero art rather than animated 3D Hero Skin models in order to help make Hero picks easier to differentiate from one another at a glance.
- For example: It should now be easier to tell whether a teammate has selected Falstad or Muradin during a draft.
- Skillshots, as well as other Abilities and Talents that search for targets, will now pass through Invulnerable targets without granting quest progress.
For more information on what exactly changed with each hero, check out the update’s detailed patch notes.