The year is 2034, and the earth is under attack by aliens. At least that's how the story goes in Anomaly 2, a game in which players take on the roles of Tower Defense vs Tower Offense.
Today, 11bit Studios has announced that pre-orders of the game come with a 10% discount and a free second copy of the game. That's no joke. The game is designed to be played in multiplayer with friends, so that's exactly what they're trying to encourage with the sale. It's out on May 15.
In addition to the announcement, 11bit Studios has put out a cinematic trailer for the game that showcases a couple of scavengers and their encounter with the military, who protect them from a head-on attack by some snake-like robot aliens. Watch it below:
According to the game's developers, Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth and adds a number of important new features, including:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine. Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.