FIFA 18 Update 1.08 Goes Live on Consoles; Addresses Kickoff Glitch, Unnecessary Goalkeeper Clearances and More
EA Sports’ latest instalment in the FIFA franchise, FIFA 18, recently experienced one of its biggest eSport tournaments in Barcelona. Now, the studio is finally addressing some of the problems the community complained about since the game’s release.
FIFA 18 update 1.08 went live on PC first, and it’s finally live on consoles. The main highlights of the update is finally addressing the kickoff glitch, while at the same time, making several important changes to FIFA’s most played mode, Ultimate Team, specifically its competitive game mode, FUT Champions.
Made the following changes in Gameplay
- After kickoff, the defending team will be more compact in defense.
- Their attacking players will be less aggressive in pushing up the field.
- Their defensive players will close the space between them and their attacking players to reduce the gap and limit the attacking team’s space.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Goalkeepers unnecessarily clearing the ball when it was passed to them in certain situations.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
The following changes have been made for all FUT Champions Weekend League matches:
- All matches will now take place in the FeWC Stadium, with the Time Of Day always set to Night and Weather always set to clear.
- The Pre-Match screens will no longer display which team is the Home team or Away team; instead, players will always see their team on the left side of the screen, with their opponent’s team displaying on the right side.
- You will no longer see your opponent’s kits in either gameplay or the Pre-Match screens; instead, you will see your opponent wearing your unselected Active Kit.
- For example, if you choose to play the match in your Home kit, you will see your opponent play the match in your Away kit.
- The Kit Selection and Match Preview screens have been updated as a result of this change.
- The Orbit Camera can now be used when watching FUT champions channel replays.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
- The Player Fitness and Squad Fitness search filters on the FUT Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
- The Player Contract and Manager Contract search filters on the FUT Transfer Market not returning the correct items.
- The Specialties displayed for some inform players, in the Team Management screens of a FUT Online Match, were incorrect.
- This was a visual issue only with no impact on gameplay.
Made the following changes in Online Modes:
- Updated the colors used for the Connection Quality Bars in all Online modes, including in FUT.
- 5, 4 and 3 bars are green.
- 2 bars is yellow.
- 1 bar is red.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
- A player’s Pro Clubs Virtual Pro having incorrect attributes if it was created when the player is not connected to the servers.
Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
- Updates to a number of kits.
A few months back, we wrote an opinion piece on what’s wrong with FIFA 18 at the time, but luckily, EA Sports seem to finally be headed in the right direction.