RocketWerkz Announce Living Dark; a “Neo-Noir” Open-World Game Created by Former Bethesda and DICE Employees
RocketWerkz, a studio created by former Bethesda and DICE employees including the likes of DayZ creator Dean Hall and former Bethesda artist Rashad Redic, recently announced their latest project. Living Dark, a “neo-noir” procedurally-generated open-world title where “everything is connected.”
The game takes place in Vox, an imaginary near-future city where players need to “survive at all costs.” Players can join factions or play as a lone wolf. Living Dark’s story is shaped according to your actions and bonds you form with other characters, so make sure to choose wisely. Here is everything you need to know about the title:
Welcome to Vox – a near-future city straining under tensions it can barely control…
Fight for friends, factions or your own future, but survive at all costs in a society where justice is only for the powerful.
Explore dense, diverse open environments in a myriad of playstyles. Forge critical bonds then confront demanding choices – against the darkness of the city, your decisions make all the difference.
A neo-noir adventure driven by a procedural narrative, Living Dark is yours to define.
- Navigate an interconnected faction and relationship system that drives the behaviour of every character in the city.
- Gain allies and make lasting enemies as you claim your place in the social strata.
- Find your own path through procedurally generated storylines.
- Explore a rich open world of districts and neighborhoods with unique social and cultural identities.
- Extend your skills, enhance your gear, acquire new abilities, improve your chances.
- Discover where your loyalties lie as your relationships change and grow, and your goals begin to conflict dangerously with your allegiances.
- Grow your city heritage; your choices shape the history and future of the city and its people.
- See the world anew: replay from another direction within the city you helped shape or reset for an entirely new experience.
As of the time of writing, Living Dark still doesn’t have a release date nor the platforms it will arrive on. However, the studio is releasing daily teaser trailers, so make sure to check them out below.