If you’re a fan of eSports, Ubisoft’s tactical shooter, Rainbow Six Siege, is entering the Quarter Finals of its third competitive season.
Rainbow Six Pro League Season 3 Finals kicks off next week, in the MAX5 Arena in Sao Paulo, Brazil, with matches taking place on November 18 and 19 respectively. The Season 3 Finals features eight of the best Rainbow Six Siege teams in the world, including Penta Sports, winners of the previous two Pro League Seasons and heavy favourites to win the third on the bounce, Evil Geniuses, EINS, 1NFAMY and four other teams. Here is a list of the eight featured teams and how they qualified:
- PENTA SPORTS: winners of the two last Pro League seasons for Year 2, the German-based team is a favourite and aims at the grand slam.
- ENCE: consistently qualified for the Pro League finals, the Finnish roster hasn’t won a Pro League LAN match since Year 1, Season 1 Finals, and will be committed to prove that they are as good offline as they are online.
- EVIL GENIUSES: this storied esports brand just acquired the Continuum roster. Winner of the 2017 Six Invitational back in February, the team led by Canadian continued to impress during the Pro League play-offs.
- 1NFAMY: after winning the relegations last season, 1nFamy pulled out a surprising but well-deserved qualification to the Season 3 Finals. They can rest on their new players’ previous experiences at this level of the competition.
- TEAM FONTT: a very solid Brazilian roster that reached the Pro League semi-finals last season, gohaN and his teammates will want to shine in Sao Paulo in front of their fans.
- BLACK DRAGONS: the second Brazilian team of these finals will also count on the effervescence of the Brazilian crowd. They are the last team to take a round against PENTA in the Finals, in Season 1.
- MANTIS FPS: best South Korean team for this first ever Asia-Pacific season, they will discover the highest Pro League level for these Finals.
- EINS: Winner of the Pro League play-offs in Asia-Pacific last month in Sydney, the Japanese team will be a serious contender.
Make sure to check out the video below for highlights of some the most nerve-wrecking moments these teams went through to get to this stage.