Sledgehammer Games’ iteration of the massively successful shooter franchise, Call of Duty: World War II, isn’t that far away, and its private multiplayer beta is just around the corner.
Sledgehammer Games’ Chief Operating Officer Michael Condrey confirmed what will and what won’t be featured in the game’s upcoming private multiplayer beta. From the content featured, it seems the studio’s main intention from the beta is to test the waters and make sure everything is working properly.
Here’s an overview on what you should expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War Mode – Operation Breakout
- Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
Here’s what you should not expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional WarMode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
Call of Duty: World War II releases on November 3 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.