Sledgehammer Games have updated what players can expect from the upcoming Call of Duty: WWII private beta set to launch later this month.
Kicking off on August 25 to August 28 for just PlayStation 4 owners and then again, September 01-04 for both PS4 and Xbox One players, Sledgehammer announced via their website what to expect. Since this is a multiplayer beta the team will be bringing focus to the upcoming “War” mode. The War Mode will pit players on both sides, Axis and Allies, against each other, in the “war torn” French village of St. Lo.
Furthermore, players will be able to try out the ‘Divisions’ selection which has replaced the all too familiar ‘Create-a-class’. Now players can enlist in one of five different iconic fighting groups, Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, and Mountain.
What players CAN expect in the Call of Duty WWII Private Beta:
- Maps: At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War: Operation Breakout
- Modes: Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions: Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
- Progression: Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
What players can NOT expect in the Call of Duty WWII Private Beta:
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- eSports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional War Mode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
Source – gamezone