Gamescom 2017 is arguably the second biggest gaming convention after E3, with developers revealing more footage from their previous E3 announcements, previews, new footage and more being released.
Bandai Namco’s Hervé Hoerdt expressed his excitement towards Gamescom and teased new announcements are planned.
This year gamescom represents one of the biggest hit in our lineup. We want to bring all the entertaining side and fun of the company to all players. Project CARS 2 is approaching, Dragon Ball FighterZ has been one of the biggest surprise of E3 and Nino Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is ready to amuse everyone, so we can’t wait to show all of our incredible console and mobile games to players. But this is just the beginning, we have so many new announcements and activities planned for gamescom. Stay tuned and be prepared!
The studio also announced ten playable games featured in their booth in Hall 6 – A41/B41. So far only six titles were revealed, featuring Project CARS 2 and Dragon Ball FighterZ. Project CARS 2’s career mode details were revealed a couple of weeks ago, with 29 motorsport types in five different categories.
- Project CARS 2 – The ultimate racing experience created by Slightly Mad Studios is coming to gamescom with a new playable version, daily tournaments and on-stage activities. Stay tuned for the full calendar and list of activities that will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
- Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – Developed by the famous Japanese studio Level-5, discover the enchanted Kingdom of Ding Dong Dell during gamescom and start with Evan and his journey with an exclusive playable demo.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – The punchiest 2.5D fighting game by Arc System Works will showcase its spectacular fights with a new enhanced playable version and a first competitive tournament in the EMEA region, on stage at the ESL Arena on Friday 25th August. More info will be shared in the upcoming weeks.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown – Featuring story elements that bring players back to the Strangereal universe, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown promises to deliver heart-pounding action, a gut-wrenching storyline, and the most advanced visuals to ever grace an Ace Combat game. Players will be able to fly their aircraft for the first time at gamescom on both classic and VR Mode.
- Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker – The latest addition to the popular Naruto game franchise that features beloved Naruto characters and teams from the series, including Team 7 among which Naruto and Sasuke, will be playable for the first time in intense 4 vs 4 battles with all eight ninjas fighting simultaneously.
- Little Nightmares – After a successful announcement last year during gamescom, the acclaimed Little Nightmares is back this year. Players will be able to test their childhood fears and help “Six” to escape The Maw.
Gamescom 2017 kicks off on August 22nd and runs through August 26th.