Overwatch’s latest character, Doomfist will be releasing next week on all platforms.
While he’s been running on the Public Test Realm for quite some time, Doomfist will finally be a playable character on the official servers on July 27th.
The melee-based offensive character is focused on close range relentless damage, his abilities make him a fairly versatile character, giving him both a defence ability, two leap abilities and an immensely powerful ultimate.
- Hand Cannon – Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. Its ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
- Seismic Slam – Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
- Rising Uppercut – Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
- Rocket Punch – After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall.
- The Best Defense… – Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
- Meteor Strike – Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.
Doomfist’s cybernetics make him a highly-mobile, powerful frontline fighter. In addition to dealing ranged damage with his Hand Cannon, Doomfist can slam the ground, knock enemies into the air and off balance, or charge into the fray with his Rocket Punch. When facing a tightly packed group, Doomfist leaps out of view, then crashes down to earth with a spectacular Meteor Strike.
Excited to get your hands on Overwatch’s latest character? Let us know in the comments
Overwatch is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.