Friday the 13th: The Game suffered a relatively bumpy launch, plagued with bugs, server crashes, disconnections and more.
Gun Media and Illfonic went to Reddit to announce a list of actions players shouldn’t do to avoid getting their accounts permanently banned from playing the game. The list includes some basic instructions such as avoiding the use of hacking software, racial slurs, amongst other actions.
- Deliberate Third-Party Hacking Software – Anyone caught with automation/speed/wall hacking and other third party macro systems to give them an edge in-game will result in a ban
- Threats of Violence/Rape/Sexual Assault – Those using Voice Chat to threaten and harass other users with threats of sexual violence, rape and domestic violence to a degree unsuitable for social standards will result in a ban.
- Racism/Discrimination – Those caught being racist or discriminatory to others will result in a ban.
- Deliberately Helping Jason – This one is trickier; we will ban the Jason player and those helping Jason for deliberately ‘helping’ Jason win a match through killing other teammates or working to farm XP.
- Deliberate Abuse of Exploits – Exploit usage that results in the deliberate griefing of others to gain an advantage and overall reduce enjoyment for other players will result in a ban.
- Do Not Pretend to be an Employee of Gun Media or IllFonic – Anyone utilizing usernames that attempt to act as a member of our team or speaks in-game as an employee of our team will result in a ban.
These rules will be applied as soon as possible, so we advice you not to make any mistakes to avoid getting your account banned if you want to continue playing Friday the 13th: The Game.