Badland Games and Thomas Happ Games announced today that the critically acclaimed Metroidvania title, Axiom Verge, will be launching on the Nintendo Switch this Summer.
In addition to the game coming to the Switch, they also announced the new Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition which comes with a plethora of goodies including a copy of the game, deluxe booklet with developer commentary and art, and more.
Check out the new announcement trailer down below:
- Expansive non-linear exploration of multiple labyrinthine, interlocking areas.
- Tons of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and bundles of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Dozens of unique creatures and bosses to battle.
- In-game glitches allowing you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
Speedrun mode: Play with a streamlined interface and additional features.
Inside the Multiverse Edition:
- Copy of Axiom Verge on disc/cartridge.
- Deluxe booklet with developer’s commentary and art.
- Double-sided poster with the world map and weapons/items in the game.
- Exclusive making-of documentary.
- Soundtrack CD. (Available only on the Nintendo Switch).
Lastly, 2 Player Productions, known for Minecraft: The Story of Mojang, Double Fine Adventure!, and the Amnesia Fortnight documentaries, have announced that a new documentary based on Thomas Happ will be happening. The documentary will address some big topics such as the
The documentary will address some big topics such as the development process of the 5-year solo production, the games that inspired Axiom Verge, and the challenges of balancing his game development career and the need to care for his son with special needs.
“People often asked me about the early days of Axiom Verge – about how I was able to make a game completely on my own over the course of 5 years of evenings and weekends while holding down a full time job,” says developer Thomas Happ. “The long form documentary format really made it possible for me to take the time and explain that process as well as go into some detail about the difficulties of balancing work and family responsibilities.”
Paul Levering, Producer for 2 Player Productions, shares the same enthusiasm for the new film as it has been a dream project for them for quite some time.
“This has been a dream project for us,” says Paul Levering, Producer, 2 Player Productions. “A level of access like this is rarely seen in making-of documentaries about entertainment properties – particularly with video games. We’re immensely grateful to Thomas Happ Games and BadLand Games for making our documentary a cornerstone of the Multiverse Edition.”
Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition is set to release for PS4, Ps Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch this August.