Everything You Need to Know From the Pokemon-Themed Direct: Pokken Tournament DX, Ultra Sun and Moon, and More
Nintendo has aired their Pokemon-themed direct and announced some pretty big news. If you happened to missed the Direct live, no worries, as we here at Gameranx got you covered. Here is everything you need to know from the Pokemon-themed Direct!
First off, Pokken Tournament DX has been announced for the Nintendo Switch. Pokken Tournament DX will come with everything the WII U version had, but in addition, it will add a slew of new features. Check out both the new trailer and features down below:
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter — Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
Pokkén Tournament DX will launch on Nintendo Switch 22 September 2017.
The direct then followed up with a new Pokemon game, which will be a semi re-release from last year’s title, Sun and Moon.
Being titled as Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon, players will once again return to the Alola region where both the world and story will expand. The title is set to release worldwide exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS on November 17.
Nintendo states that more details on the upcoming game will be shared throughout the year. Check out the end of the trailer down below, 2:58 to be precise, and get your first look at Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon:
Lastly, Nintendo announced that the second titles in the series, Pokemon Gold and Silver will be coming to the 3DS via the Virtual Console.
These games, which debuted as Game Boy Color-titles in Japan, are being recreated into Virtual Console versions such that their screens appear just as they did on the Game Boy Color. Both titles will be compatible with the wireless communication features of the Nintendo 3DS and Trainers can look forward to Link Trades and Link Battles between Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver.
In addition, these titles will be compatible with the Time Capsule function, which allows players to Link Trade Pokémon between the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver and the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red,Pokémon Blue, or Pokémon Yellow in Pokémon Centers within the games. Both titles will be compatible withPokémon Bank and will launch this fall.
Pokemon Gold and Silver will be set to launch this September on the 3DS Virtual Console.
The Pokemon-themed direct came with a significant amount of announcements. We’ve got a new Pokemon Switch title, an expanded version of an already great game, and an announcement of Pokemon Gold and Silver making their debut on the Virtual Console this September.
If you want to watch the Direct for yourself, you can watch the highlights of the show down below:
Are you happy with the Pokemon-themed Direct? Hoping for them to announce more? Let us know in the comments below!