Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was one of the bigger titles to release on the Nintendo Switch, and it seems to live up to its hype of being a solid racing game. The game has been out for less than a month and will be receiving its first major patch.
Nintendo has announced that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get its very first major patch today that fixes multiple aspects in the game, including an offensive hand gesture and much more. Check out the patch notes down below.
Version 1.1 Patch Notes
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
As mentioned above, the update remove’s Inkling Girls previous animation that has been perceived as an offensive hand gesture.Check out the before and after shots of the animation courtesy of Neogaf user Neiteio.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is currently available to purchase on Nintendo Switch consoles. What are your thoughts on this title thus far?