Have you ever wanted to live the life of a rat? It may have happened when you watched Ratatouille for example. Indie developer Wraithseeker is developing a rat simulator for people to experience life as a rat.
The studio announced that their rat simulation title will be available on Steam Early Access on May 9. They also detail some of the modes and main gameplay elements that will be available in the final product, and here they are:
- Infection – Infect 9 unique houses with the plague in the suburban neighborhood, but watch out for the inhabitants who are out to stop you in your tracks.
- Destruction – Create chaos in the houses where you’ll get to destroy precious objects such as plates, glasses and vases much to humanity’s dismay. Or maybe you just feel like making a mess out of their houses by throwing their fragile possessions everywhere.
- Rat Paradise – Save rats who are trapped in houses and then call upon your fellow rats to infect new houses in the neighborhood!
- Enhancements – Your experiences empower your abilities and you’ll get to select upgrades in order to boost your rat capabilities.
- Poisoned Food – It’s all fun to spread diseases to the humans, and after all you’ll get the house to yourself if they die to the plague, right?
- Annoy Humans – As a plague bearer, you’ll get to temporarily stop the humans in their tracks as they drop to the ground when shot with poison.
Feel free to check out the game’s Early Access trailer below: