Bluehole Studio today announced that it’s hunger games battle royale, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, has sold two million copies worldwide. The game managed to reach this impressive achievement in just a month.
Currently, the game is in early access, however, the team estimates that the title will be completely finished in around 6 months and is going to focus on implementing the modding tools and making sure that the game is buffed out and polished.
The final version of the game will incorporate modding tools that will allow players to customize and play the game the way they want. Furthermore, it will feature more content and new features that will be based on feedback from the community during Early Access.
If you are interested in giving the title a shot, here are a list of features that are currently functioning in the early access build:
- Custom Games: Being implemented after Early Access, this feature will allow select groups of players to create and host their own games with special server configurations, such as the number of players, option to spectate the round, play or set the game as private with password and more. Additional information about custom games will be announced after Early Access launch.
- Realistic Gunplay: Players use real-world weapons found via supply drops to create an authentic and visceral experience.
- Massive 8km x 8km World: Players begin as weak survivors and develop into powerful soldiers on a massive, deserted island set in Eastern Europe.
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS utilizes the latest development tools to deliver realistic visuals, animations and gameplay.
- In-Depth Loot System: Players will uncover a wide variety of weapons, armor, attachments, and much more as they explore – and battle – across the world.
- Player-Focused Metagame Tools: Leaderboards and statistics plus replays and spectator mode tools are coming after Early Access launch.
- Loads of Localization: Launching into twelve languages (English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic) with translations coming directly from the community.
Embrace your inner survivor today by purchasing Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds on PC for $29.99 USD.