Atlus’ Persona 5 has taken the world by storm since its release, receiving high praise and high ratings from various outlets. Atlus and iam8bit have partnered together to produce vinyl soundtracks for the title, releasing an Essential Edition and a Deluxe Edition. The Essential edition is priced at $100 and contains four of the six soundtracks, while the Deluxe edition is $75 more expensive and contains all six promised tracks.
iam8bit announced they will document the making process through the following stages:
- Mastering – They’ll visit their favorite mastering studio, Infrasonic, and chronicle how music is mixed for the retro technology that is vinyl.
- Test Presses – They’ll show you what it’s like to create lacquers & test presses, which serve as the benchmark for the vinyl’s audio quality.
- Vinyl Production – They’ll hang with their friends from Noiseland at their factory in France, capturing the analog magic of melting “wax” and stamping records. It’s pretty crazy to see because some of these machines are nearly 100 years old!
- Packaging – They’ll reveal just how much work goes into creating a unique packaging experience from design to printing to assembly.
- Artwork – They’ll reveal the “Mystery Album Art,” the result of an intimate collaboration between iam8bit, ATLUS, SEGA, and a to-be-announced, top-secret artist.
Feel free to pre-order through here.