Still playing Horizon Zero Dawn? Good, because the devs have made the game even better with the latest patch which brings about new features and fixes.
Horizon Zero Dawn now features a background music playback addition, allowing players to play their own music ingame. In addition, players can now drop treasure chests with items that you do not want/need.
Along with the new features, Guerilla Games have patched a bunch of crash issues, progressions issues and some stuff in between.
Check out the full list of changes below:
• Added support for background music playback.
• Added the ability to drop treasure chests.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where some players could escape the quest area and get stuck here, blocking progression of this quest.
• Fixed an issue in “A Seeker at the Gates” where some players could get stuck behind the gates to All-Mother Mountain.
• Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where some players were able to exit Olin’s basement during the ‘Investigate Olin’s Secret Workshop’ objective.
• Fixed an issue in “The Grave-Hoard” where the objective would not update when some players fast traveled away after activating the Holo Projector.
• Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
• Fixed an issue in “Fatal Inheritance” where talking to Ranaman after freeing Daradi would cause Daradi to disappear for some players.
• Fixed an issue in “Hammer and Steel” where for some players the quest objective would not update after gathering all nine Behemoth Cables.
• Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where the objective ‘Meet Rost at the North Gate’ would always be marked as failed for some players in the objective log.
• Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where the fix for duplicate spears introduced in Patch 1.12 would not solve the issue for some player if they already finished “In her Mother’s Footsteps”.
• Fixed an issue after “The Proving” for certain players where Aloy would not retrieve her Focus after visiting Rost.
• Fixed an issue where some players could permanently lose the Tearblaster in their playthrough after selling it at a merchant. The Tearblaster will now be available to purchase from certain merchants after completing ‘Hunter’s Blind’.
• Fixed an issue where a pile of Ancient Debris appeared to be located underground for certain players.
• Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pick up their loot when it was dropped in water.
• Fixed an issue in the “Gatelands” Bandit Camp where some players could get stuck in a rock after performing a ‘Strike from below’.
• Fixed an issue when certain players would try to mount during Aloy’s falling animation, causing Aloy to float in midair.
• Fixed the issue where some players were able to gain +10,000 XP every time they cleared hunting trials with all Blazing Suns.
• Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.
Horizon Zero Dawn launched earlier this year as a PS4 exclusive and was met with huge critical acclaim especially regarding the beautiful environment and mysterious story.
In other news, an indepth documentary has been released providing fan with a far more detailed look at the game’s production. Check it out below:
- Horizon Zero Dawn is an “open world game” and gives the players the possibility to explore very detailed futuristic worlds from the perspective of a redhead girl called Aloy.
- The character Aloy was created by using the face of a Dutch actress, the voice of an American woman, and the body of a British acrobat. The motion capture that took place in Oxford to give her life is amazing to watch, especially for the Horizon Zero Dawn fan, but not only.
- Guerrilla Games is the only Dutch game company making AAA games that broke through internationally with the Killzone series. In 2005 the company was bought by Japan’s Sony. With Horizon Zero Dawn and the new game engine Decima, the company has laid the foundation for a new series of “open world games.”